Strategic Account Manager- TelecomOrganisation : Sales - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
The Strategic Account Manager is accountable for revenue retention and growth of ENGIE Impact's most strategic accounts, with a typical portfolio assignment of five client accounts. This role is focused on building long-term Client value through developing trusted relationships, contributing to the P&L of new and existing business at the Client, and promoting new strategic initiatives that align ENGIE Impact and other ENGIE Business Unit solutions to the client's needs and values. Function
The Strategic Account Manager will own the most strategic commercial and industrial accounts, creating and implementing all sales and marketing strategies for assigned clients with short- and long-term vision using their comprehensive industry understanding of one or more Customer Segments (e.g. retail, industrial, hospitality, restaurant, healthcare). The Strategic Account Manager will have excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal), along with a keen ability to convey marketing content, find new revenue sources from existing account(s), achieve measurable goals and sales quotas, and build strategic plans. A proven history of successful business development in one or more Customer Segments will ensure the right individual is placed to grow and succeed in this challenging and critical role focused on revenue retention and customer growth.
Do you tick all the boxes?
- As owner of the most strategic ENGIE Impact clients, expectation that the Strategic Account Manager will set the standard in administration, consultative selling and executive engagement (internally as well as externally).
- Responsible for maintaining and growing the relationships with ENGIE Impact's most strategic global/national accounts with substantial energy or sustainability program spend and additional revenue potential for ENGIE Impact services.
- Adoption and development of best practices for Account penetration and development to be a trusted advisor for client stakeholders, with focus to continually nurture relationships with the client's C-Suite, decision makers and owners and other influencers.
- Plays a pivotal role in contract negotiation and development, aligning ENGIE Impact revenue goals with appropriate pricing and service level agreements.
- Develop cross functional strategy for account retention and growth for a broad solution set, identifying areas of improvement to meet and/or exceed sales quotas.
- Own the client relationship and maintain a living-client strategy through account planning and management, including but not limited to account retention and growth.
- Often carries the highest quota requirement of the Account Managers, with expectation to retain current book of business and establish new business opportunities to achieve assigned quota through networking, qualifying and closing techniques by establishing buying influences, budges and purchasing criteria for client.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts).
- In-depth understanding of ENGIE Impact and ENGIE Group capabilities and portfolio of offerings, with the ability to effectively convey the value of ENGIE Impact's products and services, explaining their purpose and performance and how they interconnect for maximum value.
- Establish new business opportunities with targeted accounts through networking, qualifying and closing techniques. Establish buying influences, budgets and purchasing criteria for client.
- Support ongoing relationships with existing clients in service territory and industry, up-selling new products and services matched with identified client needs and requirements.
- Utilize ENGIE Impact and other resources to support and maintain consistent sales volume with current customer base.
- Understand customer's long-term business and increase level of contact within customer's organization to allow for cross selling of new opportunities and more effective account support.
- Develop knowledge and keep up to date on ENGIE Impact's service and product offerings to properly advise clients and drive sales opportunities.
- Leads executive business reviews with clients, working in coordination with Operations, Finance and other business partners regarding execution against the client program.
- Results both financial and leverage are critical to the success of this role. Reliable forecasting and deal transparency as well as reference case development and roadmap inputs will form part of the measures of success for performance assessment.
- Interact with all ENGIE Impact departments and businesses, including but not limited to Sales Operations, Marketing, Sustainability Services and Sustainability Solutions to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Support peer development programs through mentoring and coaching initiatives. Act as an example when given direction from Leadership, by constructively challenging where appropriate and executing direction with excellence.
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Sustainability, Business Management (marketing/sales/business administration concentration) required.
- May accept fifteen years of relevant experience in sales and/or client management in lieu of degree in conjunction with extensive industry experience.
- Knowledge of resource (energy/waste/water) services and controls including renewable energy solutions.
- Knowledge of building systems is a plus.
- Fifteen+ years of sales and account management experience with multimillion-dollar portfolios
- Seven+ years of experience in energy or sustainability related services, high technology or business process outsourcing related fields to multi-site customers.
- Demonstrated experience of consistently meeting sales targets and objectives, solution selling, and C-level selling.
- Provide domain expertise in one or more of the following Customer Segments, such as: Retail, Industrial, Hospitality, Restaurant or Healthcare.
- Requires account management and revenue growth skills with a proven and progressive track record of growth and expansion of your portfolio.
- Must be disciplined to dedicate time to both high value Account Renewals as well as generating New Business from the existing portfolio of clients.
- Must be able to generate and present strategic solutions for C-Suite buyers.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management project at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Must possess strong financial and business acumen with the ability to identify overall business value of our solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and closing techniques, including issue resolution and escalation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with existing customers.
- Requires strong communication skills in all forms-written, oral, email, presentation and non-verbal forms of communication.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot).
- Solid time management and organization skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Dec 29, 2020