Posted: Dec 30, 2020
Posted: Dec 30, 2020
Skills: IT - Software Development, Architect
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for the Software Engineer/Architect position. The Software Engineer/Architect will leverage his/her strong software design and programming skills to provide technical leadership and build software solutions to address complex business needs.
- Technical lead / Senior Software Engineer for software development project teams
- Under broad direction, applies skills to implementing leading edge technologies and enhancing the Technical Software Development process
- Provide solution blueprints, build architectural framework and develop scientific software for distributed systems
- Work with Product Management to interpret business requirements into technical specifications
- Assess and recommend tools, technologies and processes for optimal product delivery
- Troubleshoot design and code bottlenecks, performing code reviews quickly and efficiently
- Work in a Multi-Disciplinary team environment (hardware/firmware, science teams) to tune models and optimize performance, cost of compute
- Leverage cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure to develop both client and server functionalities
- Mentors less senior developers and provides Technical Excellence Leadership
- Understands the business or function for which the application is designed
- May direct and monitor the work of other programming personnel across large scale development projects including involvement in design and milestone reviews
- Incumbent is able to operate unsupervised and is called on to consult for the most complex design projects
- Conceives, proposes, and sells new ideas and products in the engineering organization and guides their implementation to a final product
- Provides technical direction in area of specialty on major products
- Works on designs that span several groups or affect hardware decisions
- Job role contributes to value creation
Required Education and Skills
- BS in computer science or related STEM field
- 5+ years' experience leading AGILE teams
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing thin-client software
- Proficiency with MVVM, MVC, OOO design patterns, SOLID design principles
- Fluency in several programming languages such as Python, C#, C++, WCF, WPF with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- Experience with SOA architectural style, specifically in microservices development
- HPC experience - Multi-threading, CUDA, Spark processing
- Understanding of common DevOps, CICD processes and SDLC methodologies
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex engineering projects
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of software development experience. Completion of a master's in computer science or similar discipline is preferred
- MS, PhD in computer science or related STEM field
- Strong C++ is preferred
- Knowledge of Machine Learning frameworks and packages
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Azure Docker containers, Kubernetes, DataBricks
- Experience modernizing legacy software such as MATLAB applications
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Golang, Node.js, Angular, React, protobuf, grpc, ASP.NET
- Understanding of EDGE devices and real-time acquisition applications - troubleshooting from firmware to the software application layers
- Strong preference for prior experience building petrotechnical and real-time acquisition software in the O&G industry
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skills a variety of job opportunities might be available
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 89616
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.