Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Wood is currently expressing an interest for a Project Accountant to join our team in Baku, Azerbaijan. Project accountant, reporting to the Team lead , responsible for client invoicing, monthly accounting, reporting and analysis for a large scale oil and gas project. This position presents a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their career within a dynamic and growing finance function.
- Regular monitoring of Account Receivable and Unbilled
- Regular monitoring of Accounts Payables
- Close out of month end project accounts in Oracle accounting system in adherence to strict monthly deadlines
- Detailed analysis and reporting of monthly project finance performance against plan to the entity Team Lead
- Assist with presentation of detailed project profitability and recovery analysis to project management
- Assist with preparation of annual plan and quarterly forecasts in line with reporting schedule
- Assist with any other finance duties as required from time to time
Skills / Qualifications
- Prior project accounting experience involving forecasting, month end deliverables, variance analysis and presentation to management
- Excellent self-management and organisational skills
- Strong written and oral English and communication skills essential for regular interaction with client and reporting to project management
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proactive attitude and take initiative
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in similar project accounting role
- Accounting degree/qualification preferred with previous experience in similar role
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.