Skills: Process Engineer, Loss Prevention, Safety Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT (MES OPERN)
HEAD, PROCESS SAFETY
Primary Purpose of Job
Plan, Manage and continually improve the Process Safety Management System in Mesaieed Operations. Manage/supervise the activities of assigned personnel responsible for the Process Safety and Loss Prevention of all facilities. Oversee implementation of the Safety Management System in particular related of process safety, loss prevention and initiatives for Mesaieed Operations and other directorates on existing plants/facilities, facility modification and new projects.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent or process safety I chemical I loss prevention engineering discipline from recognized educational Institution.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in design I consulting and operation I maintenance/safety with at least 10 years in process safety and loss prevention system within the oil & gas I petrochemical industry.
• Recognised safety course (NEBOSH certificate or equivalent).
• HAZOP leader certificate from an internationally recognized institution I organization.
• Adequate industry recognized HSE auditor training certificate.
Experience & Skills
• Possess a good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Ability to perform field inspections, risk assessment and review prepare proposals. Ability to interpret and analyse process data.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of international process safety management systems and loss prevention engineering.
• Ability to manage and lead a team of engineers.
• Computer literate in mainstream Office products, have had exposure to online management, document and maintenance systems including SAP and working knowledge of process safety and loss prevention software's.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa