ENGIE are recruiting for a proactive, qualified Financial Reporting Accountant to join our Shared Service Centre in Newcastle Upon Tyne. This is a fixed term contract position for 18 months, and is full-time working 37.5 hours per week.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will be required to work in a team of qualified and part qualified accountants to support the delivery of timely, robust, high-quality statutory and group reporting, ensuring that all processes are as efficient as possible, highlighting areas for improvement where relevant.
Whilst candidate home location is flexible, the home office location of this role will be our Shared Service Centre in Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 8EX. The successful candidate will be required to travel to and work from this location on a frequent basis. What is your day to day?
Who are you?
- Deliver accurate and timely statutory and group financial reporting and other ad-hoc deliverables for the ENGIE UK Services and certain corporate entities;
- Produce the financial statements for assigned legal entities;
- Perform technical reviews of draft statutory accounts;
- Assist the team to ensure the accounts progress through audit in a timely manner;
- Monitor developments in accounting standards to ensure that all statutory reporting is prepared in accordance with IFRS and FRS 101;
- Provide technical accounting input relating to internal Group reorganisations as required;
- Apply group financial accounting policy and procedures and contribute to their development as and when required;
- Deliver in line with statutory and group monthly and quarterly reporting timetables;
- Liaise with Tax, Treasury, Sector leads, internal and external auditors, as appropriate;
- Comply with new accounting standards and refer to senior management for clarity if in doubt;
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of own technical knowledge and continuing professional development;
- Provide coaching guidance and support to the Assistant Financial Reporting Accountant role;
- Understand the customer journey and continually look for ways to improve this; and
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
Who are we?
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience in an accounts preparation and review environment.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101 and UK law related to the preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a pressurised reporting environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team.
- Ability to deliver on tight reporting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively take on new work as and when required.
- Ability to coach more junior members of the team.
- Ability to credibly challenge at appropriate levels within the organisation.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation software such as Caseware is preferable but not essential.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of low carbon energy, services and regeneration.
We combine these activities to enable our customers & stakeholders to embrace a greener, more efficient and increasingly digital world.
Our purpose is to make zero carbon happen for businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland - accelerating the transition towards a net zero carbon world. Our 17,000 employees make this possible by reducing energy consumption, greening supply and enabling progress through innovative technology, data & partnerships. We are also shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 170,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.1 billion in 2019.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021