ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager
based in either Texas or Florida
. This position is responsible for developing strategies for targeting clients, building organizational partnerships and strategic alliances with non-profits, regional organizations, and technology accelerators, and working with client executives from project conceptualization through to construction and implementation. This position works under general supervision, interacting with his or her supervisor several times per week to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval
What you'll do:
- Develop and take ownership in a Regional Strategy specific to an assigned region
- Conduct site evaluations for potential customers
- Update all customers on company product modifications, changes, and enhancements
- Develop, maintain, and expand relationships with all levels in an account ranging from Facilities Managers to Chief Business Officers and Financial Director, to Superintendents, City managers and Board/Council Members
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner
- Work as part of a cross-functional project development team that includes project finance, operations, legal, marketing and communications to secure new business and ensure delighted customers
- Organize customer meetings, contract negotiations, present at public Board or Council meetings
- Maintain a revenue and margin quota and robust sales funnel
- Prepare reports for sales and marketing and maintaining expense accounts
- Schedule appointments and meetings with customers in order to review and define program opportunities and desired success parameters, and to qualify the opportunity
- Identify and ensure engagement with multiple stakeholders within the customer organization and surrounding community throughout the development process, to determine, define and develop compelling business impact strategies
- Attend critical networking and trade show events to obtain leads, present a positive public image of ENGIE, and expand knowledge of critical issues facing our customer base
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree with 6 - 10 years' experience is required
- Master's degree, preferred
- Experience in a quota-driven sales environment, exceeding sales production targets
- Experience working with public sector or governmental agencies
- Experience in a management consulting or strategy consulting
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Interest in sustainability strategies, energy efficiency, and renewable energy and passion to serve others and make a difference
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
Able to get from office to off site customers
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021