Build and lead the Efficiency program to exceed the ENGIE business plan by creating, developing, and executing value-add efficiency and performance improvement and energy conservation measure (ECM) projects for Iowa University.
The Program Manager - Efficiency Program will be responsible for overall performance of the Efficiency Program to reduce the university's energy and utility operations costs and carbon footprint, including engineering design, procurement, construction, financial administration, commissioning and initial operations. You will establish project objectives, the project plan, budget and schedule.
This role is located in Iowa City, Iowa / University of Iowa.
What you'll do:
- Provide leadership, oversight, reporting and support through all phases of project development and execution. Coordinate and communicates with all project stakeholders, internal and external
- Obtain mastery in the program assigned and its application in efficiency, ECM and sustainability projects
- Provide overall direction of project activities including engineering procurement, construction, financial administration, commissioning and initial operations
- Administrate contracts to include the development of project specifications, a detailed scope of work and principle contract provisions, working closely with corporate Contracts Management and the Procurement Department in Houston
- Liaisew ith C&C Major Partnerships & Campuses organization to seek assistance, corroborate, and collaborate
- Develop work packages for execution to include: Statement of Scope, Change Management, Performance Testing, QA/QC Requirements, Parts/Tools, Man-hours, Material Procurement, Technical Data Sheets, Drawings/Specifications, Task Procedures and Job Safety Plans.
- Coordinate with the Contracts Manager to frame the RFQs and RFPs to include contract negotiations and changes.
- Ensure quality and technical execution of work are within schedule and budget through the establishment of milestone dates, budget allocations and control or expenditures
- Prepare a procedures manual that is tailored to the specific project, providing the framework for the overall operations of the project team
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field from an ABET institution required. Major in a disciplined Engineering curriculum preferred. Licensed Professional Engineer or passing of the Fundamental Engineering (FE) exam and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in management of construction, industrial or municipal projects.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and ensure performance expectations and resultant outcomes are met.
- Sound knowledge of performance engineering and data analytics and their application to cost savings and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience in developing RFQs/RFPs in industrial construction environments.
- Experience in contract execution, management and negotiation of construction, engineering and services contracts.
- Experience in construction projects, working at sites, managing subcontractors, contracts administration and change management.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) to be able to engage with all stakeholders including contractors and government agencies.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021