Senior Accountant Organisation : Finance - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution . Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
This role is responsible for more complex general ledger account responsibilities, this also includes balances in conformity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Encompasses, preparation, review, analysis and reporting of financial information. Function
Do you tick all the boxes?
- Prepares and reviews / posts journal entries into financial system as needed. Ensures appropriate documentation is attached for these entries.
- Assist in accounting for significant items that impact financial reporting (i.e. revenue recognition, lease accounting, investment fair value accounting, etc.)
- Advises management of reasons for any unusual trends, forecast/budget variances, difficulties obtaining information or other pending issues.
- Provides supporting schedules to assist in completing monthly financial statements.
- Maintains relationship with Financial Planning & Analysis partners
- Assists with complex accounting assignments including: consolidation issues, M&A activities, implementation of new IFRS standards.
- Responsible for accuracy of the general ledger by performing monthly account analysis and reconciliations and correcting discoveries for assigned accounts.
- Continuously assesses internal systems and controls and recommends changes that would allow greater efficiency in monthly processing.
- Prepares a variety of other financial reports and analysis as required.
- Key participant in the review of customer contracts to ensure compliance with revenue recognition and other critical accounting standards
- Prepares updates and maintains policies and procedures.
- Cross-trains for backup on designated duties of team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in accounting or business from four-year college or university.
- CPA license strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience in accounting practices including an understanding for US GAAP. Understanding of IFRS a plus.
- 3 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents as well as standard procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, financial reports, and professional journals. Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with employees of company.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret and understand financial statements.
- Independent worker with good decision making skills, which includes knowing when to seek assistance.
- Strong communication, analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Must possess and demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
- Possess the ability to self-motivate and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to efficiently function under pressure.
- Ability to produce detailed, accurate work within limited timeframes.
- Highly collaborative work style, with demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to tactfully deal with various personalities throughout the company and deal effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must be proficient in utilizing computer programs for processing data and writing reports. Required program applications include: Microsoft Outlook (intermediate level), Microsoft Excel (intermediate level), and Microsoft Word (intermediate level).
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Dec 2, 2020