We are hiring a Billing Analyst II
in Woodmere, NY
. This role is responsible for supporting the billing team in the review and processing of billing invoices, consumption reports and interacting with customers and other departments on a daily basis. The candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and an effective communicator. The ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment is essential.
What you'll do:
- Issue complete, timely, and accurate invoices to Electric and Natural Gas customers. Review the contract to check the validity of the invoices
- Coordinate directly with the IT department on varying billing system issues and review for resolution
- Review customer accounts in the billing system making adjustment when necessary (rate, tax and GRT)
- Review/ identify contracts for special billing language and discuss with Billing Manager and Sales for billing system capacity or manual invoice process.
- Work with sales team on variable rate customer, analyze cost and negotiating discount for contract renewal
- Analyze Gas and Electric bandwidth report and calculate over/under charge to pass thru to the customer
- Conduct quality assurance checks on invoice daily report for all billing types.
- Run reports for missing meter read and contact the LDC to identify the issue and resolution
- Review Purchase of Receivable (POR) aging report and resolve any past due balance
- Special Projects which includes metering, utility system analysis and property utility allocation analysis
- Generate reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data for Sales/Brokers/Customers/Auditors when requested
- Calculate and bill manually Interruptible ConED accounts (IT). Process manual net meter reads provided by Supply Team
- Keep records of Finance Deals Charges. Keep track, calculate the pass-thru block charges to the customer. Distribute the invoices (Mail/e-mail)
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree and 2-5 years of billing/business experience or minimum 6 years of relevant billing or business experience in lieu of degree
- Strong verbal, written and phone communication skills
- Professional and personable demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access and Outlook required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community.
ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 8, 2020