The C&I Origination team is a fast-paced group that is closely involved in major energy sales transactions and strategic initiatives undertaken by the ENGIE group in North America.
As Market Strategy Senior Analyst, you will support the commercialization of solar, wind and storage projects through gathering and interpreting market data, verifying financial model assumptions and inputs through internal and external due diligence efforts, and helping to align marketing efforts with group economic and growth strategy.
This position is open to the Chicago, IL or Houston, TX areas. What you'll do:
What you bring:
- Develop and maintain financial models to support energy offtake proposals. Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models. Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis.
- Gather and prepare model inputs by coordinating closely with the renewable development teams.
- Develop, analyze, evaluate and recommend commercial offtake options and proposals as they relate to a business development project.
- Support internal approvals process for new economic commitments.
- Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
- Collect competitive information, preform benchmarking analysis against ENGIE project offers.
- Support contract negotiations, by providing quantitative support.
- Five+ years of energy industry experience as an analyst or associate at an investment bank, private equity fund or strategic energy company.
- Bachelor's degree required with Finance or Economics major, preferred.
- MBA, CFA progress or aspiration or other professional qualifications are a plus.
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
- Energy market experience in one of the following sectors is preferred; utility scale renewables, distributed generation (i.e. rooftop solar, etc), energy services, retail electricity, natural gas transportation or distribution
- Commercial acumen with good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States-Texas-Houston
- Posting Date: Jan 22, 2021