H.T. Lyons, Inc is looking for a Safety and Risk Manager to join our team.
This position will work with an assist management throughout NY state.
In this role, you will be responsible for the company's safety program and risk management.
You will ensure the company and its respective employees understand and comply with local, state and federal occupational health and safety laws and regulations. You will help create, implement and maintain standard safe work practices. You will assist with insurance claims management regarding WC, GL and Auto. You must have exceptional attention to detail in order to identify safety hazards, and discover opportunities for improving work conditions in our fabrication shops, field service and construction departments
What you'll do: Safety Management
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Work with company management to enforce policies and establish a culture of commitment to health and safety
- Evaluate office, fabrication shop and customer sites to ensure adherence to established safe work practices. Document, report and track findings both positive and needing improvement.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root cause analysis to prevent recurrence.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities and/or prevention measures
- Oversee compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and related local, state, and federal regulations
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics as needed per management expectations
- Inform management of new or changing safety and health related regulations in NY state
- Identify and analyze risks and trends that may or do affect our industry
- Assist management with identifying and addressing project related risks
- File insurance claims as needed
- Work directly with the insurance adjusters and brokers to assists with claims and foreseen exposures
- Work with customers to build positive relationships
- Detailed reporting and filing of claims in the event litigation
- Initiate and maintain industry relationships
- Work with third party administrators
What you bring:
- Extensive experience in safety program development and management
- 5-10 years of experience working as a Safety Manager (Construction Industry is preferred)
- OSHA 30 (within past 3 years)
- OSHA 500 and 510 would be a plus
- Experience with injury and claims management
- Thorough understanding of legal health and safety guidelines involving NY state
- Ability and confidence to present training materials to large groups
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Valid qualifications/certifications in occupational health and safety
- Willing to travel an established geographical area via automobile on a daily/weekly basis
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 14, 2020