Fred Williams, Inc (An ENGIE Company) is currently looking for a Senior Estimator. This position will be located in Boston, Massachusetts. The Senior Estimator will be responsible for performing take-offs from construction drawings and calculates the costs of labor, material, equipment, and subcontractor quote evaluation in accordance with established processes and procedures.
What you'll do:
- Download and print drawings and specifications
- Contact and work closely with vendors and subcontractors to solicit quotations
- Identify scope of work and perform detailed take-offs of HVAC and process piping systems
- Work with construction managers and owners to provide complete estimates
- Attend pre-bid meetings and perform site surveys
- Attend any project descope meetings
- Develop budgets for construction phase services based on progress design documents
- Provide estimates for change orders
- Participate in turnover meetings to project management teams
- Additional duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Bachelor degree is preferred
- 5-10 years of estimating experience; large project, commercial/industrial cost estimating experience.
- Proficient computer and software (e.g., QuoteSoft, Excel, Bluebeam, etc.) skills
- Knowledge of estimating via on-screen takeoff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be an effective member of a team, and be responsive to both internal and external customers
- Sheet metal takeoff is a plus (not required)
- Ability to create conceptual estimates for design/build projects is a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
Fred Williams provides a competitive compensation package. We have excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer a 401k plan and paid vacation.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 14, 2020