ENGIE North America is seeking a customer-oriented team leader with strong attention to detail to join our Human Resources team in Houston, Texas. The Human Resources Service Center Lead is responsible for the day to day direction of the HR Service Center (HRSC) team while taking an active role in day to day operations.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate and facilitate the work of the team, to ensure timely and accurate execution of all HRSC activities including but not limited to:
- Act as first point of contact for inquiries into HR from internal and external clients, responding with a high level of customer service, professionalism and promptness using our customer relationship management software.
- Process new hires from time of job offer through orientation.
- Promptly process employees leaving the organization.
- Data entry into HRIS system in an accurate, complete and timely fashion.
- Consistently monitor federal and state leaves reviewing documents, triaging requests and tracking progress.
- Respond to unemployment claims and processes tuition reimbursement.
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition, process temporary and contract employees ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained before starting.
- Other administrative activities including processing invoices, ensuring compliance posters are kept up to date, auditing processes and activities for accuracy, maintaining electronic employee files, etc.
- Ensure process documents and/or job aids are kept up to date and accurate.
- First point of escalation for HRSC issues
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of assigned programs or projects in support of assigned COE's and HRBP's.
- Evaluate workload daily against production schedule and balance as needed.
- Perform weekly audits, partner with manager to develop actions plans if needed, and report out results to team members.
- Coordinate and measure success of training for new HRSC team members
- Demonstrates model behavior for the team, including a positive attitude, focus on continuous improvement and leaning in to ensure all tasks are done in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with HRSC Manager, update and improve processes to accommodate company policy changes. Communicate updated policies and procedures to the HR Specialists in a timely manner.
- Other duties, activities and/or responsibilities as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources or similar field with two or more years' experience in a similar role.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience with ADP Vantage or similar HRIS database preferred
- Experience with relational databases a plus.
- Familiarity with a broad range of HR functions including benefits, leave, onboarding, offboarding, timekeeping.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills both verbal and written. Strong grammar and spelling skills.
- Able to work professionally with a cross section of people within the organization.
- Ability to have difficult discussions.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Good critical thinking skills, aware of downstream impacts.
- Ability to focus in an active environment.
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Works comfortably in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Flexible and willing to take initiative. Brings new ideas and thoughts to the team and is willing to yield and support the team if needed.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 22, 2020