United States of America - Arizona, PhoenixJob SummaryAECOM
is actively seeking a talented Aviation Project Manager for immediate employment for the Phoenix, Arizona office. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. This position is expected to begin in January 2021.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- As populations grow, so do demands for safe, expedient and cost-effective transportation. AECOM's Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize and expand transportation projects that carry all of our communities into the future - safely and reliably.
- We use our extensive knowledge in planning, designing and managing transportation systems - as well as restoring and replacing aging infrastructure - to help our public and private clients find smarter, more advanced ways to move people across cities, countries and continents.
- Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.
This role will depend on the Project Manager's ability to perform the following:
- Manages the most complex and sensitive projects, often in multiple geographic locations. Many projects assigned are distinguished by their magnitude or project complexity, requiring that more than one person be involved.
- Proactively identifies potential project problems or opportunities, analyzes the issues using all appropriate resources, develops alternatives and arrives at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
- Authority to act independently or as a team leader representing AECOM and is responsible for ensuring that the final product of the project or program team reflects the original scope and budget requirements.
- Provides strategic plan and delivery on key client and program success; has broad project management impact.
- Prepares and delivers presentations on behalf and in support of the client's program.
- Serves as the single point of contact to the client and acts as a liaison between management and clients on advanced program-related issues.
- Interacts with executive level government or public officials and/or executive level clients on significant project matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Assesses and manages risk on behalf of the client. Certification preferred.
- Manages landside, airside and terminal improvements on Major Hub Airports proven through past experience.
- Manages Aviation and Transit Programs as an Owners Representative through past experience.
- Manages Construction Projects as a Construction Manager/General Contractor proven through past experience.
- Alternative Project Delivery experience inclusive of design-build, CMAR and CM/GC is preferred.
- Experience writing successful proposals.
- Ability to travel for project involvement.
- BA/BS + 10 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Due to the nature of work US Citizenship is required
What We Offer
- 10 plus years of Aviation Project experience.
- PE License
- Experience with project's value of more than $10 million is preferred
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.