Learn morePosition Specific Description
As a Sr. Agile coach you are taking the next step in your Agile journey, moving from a focus just on teams to one that includes coaching up the organization as well. An Agile Coach strives to enhance, in a measurable and sustainable fashion, agile practices in order to promote business goals and objectives of the team and organization.To excel in this role, a coach must be competent, professional, and ethical — demonstrate business and technical knowledge with an understanding of change management and the impact it has on individuals and organizations.
With 3-5 years of Agile experience you have:
- Been an active member of an Agile delivery team, you understand how teams develop software from an Agile perspective.
- Strong understanding on how to help teams understand and incorporate XP technical excellence techniques and approaches.
- Supported launching new teams and providing coaching support for frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe.
- Been involved with launching at least 3 Program Increment (PI) Planning events.
- Experienced with at least tools, such as Jira, Rally.
- Been involved in support Community of Practice for Product Owners and Scrum Masters
This role will be integral in ensuring that coaching methods, techniques and outcomes are consistent with overall Transformation maturity efforts.
As a Sr. Agile coach you will provide training for NextEra branded Agile content as well as support content development and maintenance. This role will require that you have a high degree of collaboration, empathy and creative/critical thinking to support the teams you coach. You have experienced real world situations and have found ways to help people/teams become more Agile.Job Overview
This job is responsible for coaching and mentoring Agile teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and stakeholders to leverage Agile principles, practices, and frameworks. Employees in this role ensure Lean, Agile, XP practices, and other software delivery practices are executed correctly. Individuals will work with the Agile community to address and overcome maturity gaps, to ensure our agile scaling efforts remain successful.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivers hands-on coaching to individual teams in all aspects of Scrum and Kanban
- Trains and coaches Agile Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Scrum Teams, Stakeholders, and Agile Coach candidates
- Assists in the creation and delivery of Agile training for business and Agile team members
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships supporting Agile product development
- Conducts and manages Agile maturity assessments to help teams develop and grow in their Agile journeys
- Supports Agile Programs and Agile Release Trains (ARTs), by fostering collaboration and the use of best practices
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous operational and team improvement
- Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile
- Keeps informed and educated about industry trends concerning Agile methodologies
- Works with the organization to help launch and coach scaling efforts and Agile programs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Florida Power & Light Company
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market: