Skills: Chemical Engineering, Plant Operations Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
ASST. MANAGER, PRODUCTION ( REFINERY )
Primary Purpose of Job
Plan, manage and lead a team of Heads, supervisors and operators to ensure production of LAB (Linear Alkyl Benzene) and HAB (Heavy Alkyl Benzene) by maximum utilisation of the feedstock of Kerosene, Benzene, pygas and reformate to bring adequate profits to QP by ensuring safe operation of the units with on-spec products and minimum adverse impacts to health, safety and environment in line with the Production department look ahead plan to meet local and export market demand of LAB and HAB. Responsible for optimal operation of chemical plant processes, process troubleshooting and enhancement of product yields with min losses.
1. Degree in Chemical Engineering or related engineering discipline
Experience & Skills
1. 15 years broad experience in the Oil & Gas industry including 8 years in a Refinery/Chemical Plant at a senior Supervisory level.
2. Ability to demonstrate process safety elements and implemented initiatives.
3. Ability to interface with other departments to get prioritization of work done.
4. Good communication/presentation skills.
5. Good negotiation skills.
6. Excellent in English language.
7. Very good analytical, creative, management and motivational skills.
8. Conversant with computers and computer applications.
9. Wide perspective with respect to Refining and Chemical Economics.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa