Field Services Engineer - Control System (Turbomachinery & Process Solutions)
This is not an active position, this posting is for pipelining purpose for future upcoming role. Are you passionate about providing complex technical solutions?Are you a Control System Field Service Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity?Join our innovating Field Services Team
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value-chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our Instrument Control Engineering Team uses cutting-edge technology to design gas and steam turbines, compressors and expanders.Partner with the best
As a Field Service Engineer, you will play a vital field-based role, travelling to customer sites, both onshore and offshore, across APAC region. You will provide specialist installation and maintenance support. You will perform hands-on work individually and as part of a Field Service team.
As a Field Services Engineer - Control System (Turbomachinery & Process Solutions), you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Performing maintenance, modifications, adjustment, commissioning, testing and trouble-shooting on software control system and equipment supporting gas turbines and compressors.
- Acting as primary point of contact and trusted advisor to customers for timely and satisfactory resolution of concerns.
- Interfacing across customers, engineering and management teams to ensure site operations and maintenance activities aligned to technical requirements.
- Collaborating with co-workers and customers to provide technical guidance to solve complex technical problems.
- Providing customers and management with professional and timely report related to field services activities and equipment status.
- Ensuring all in-field activities carried out safely complying with quality, customers' and company HSE standards and procedures.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate appropriate training, qualifications and experience on industrial gas turbines and/or compressors, possibly - with experience on gas turbine generator (GTG) systems.
- Show successful experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and fault-finding of industrial gas turbines, auxiliary systems and/or compressors.
- Have significant experience of troubleshooting, maintenance, start-up and commissioning of pumps and auxiliary packages installed on Oil & Gas platforms and facilities.
- Display a powerful customer service-orientation mindset, experienced leading customers through tough decisions.
- Have awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance and potential risks.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, to convey technical concepts to customers, both internal and external.
- Enjoy travelling to customer locations, being flexible to customer demands and being available at a short notice.
- Be a motivated self-starter, proactively taking initiative to lead and solve problems with technical and analytical skills.
Salary Range: A$ 140,00 - 150,000Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, you will travel to and work on customer sites across the Asia-Pacific Region in line with customer requirements. The duration of the work at site and the hours of work at the site will be in line with customer requirements. In between work assignments, you will have free time in line with Baker Hughes working time guidelines and fatigue management provisions. You will also accrue annual leave which you can then take to extend your time off.Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.