At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
A Senior EC&I Engineer within the EC&I team as part of the overall engineering capability delivering multi-discipline design / D&B projects for key customers.
Responsible for the Electrical, Instrument and Control aspects of one or more engineering projects for nuclear build, refurbishment or decommissioning projects over the whole design lifecycle including concept, scheme and detail design phases.
The Senior Engineer will support the discipline Lead and/or Responsible Engineer with the technical delivery of the project engineering work and interrelation with other project discipline teams. The Senior Engineer is also responsible for implementing Engineering Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work.
- This person must be capable of working without direct supervision and have the ability to translate a client requirement into a meaningful engineering solution.
- Good communication and negotiation skills are essential and the competence and aptitude to lead a team of engineers and designers is important
- Significant Engineering design experience in a highly regulated environment is fundamental and nuclear experience is highly desirable
The role will involve:
- Providing EC&I input on allocated projects, organisation /production of quality deliverables within project programme and budget
- Production/checking of design basis documents, input to P&ID's, preparation of SIDDs
- Knowledge of safety systems, HAZOP and engineering substantiation. Instrumentation design, Power distribution, panel/motor sizing, layouts and supporting calculations
- Supporting EC&I input of the bidding process, including task and deliverable identification, man-hour estimates and programme
- Supporting Substantiation and review of existing designs
- Ensuring compliance with client specifications and engineering standards.
- Ensuring the requirements of the Health & Safety of Work act, CDM and applicable legislations are met
- Being responsible, in co-operation with Client Project Engineers, for the technical quality of all conceptual designs, design schemes and detail drawings and associated design documentation
- Participating in/lead Design Reviews and ensuring that designs meet the projects' functional specification and requirements
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of data and information produced and received from clients
- Liaising with the Lead Engineers, Project Engineer, Engineering Manager and supervision of junior engineers to ensure effective project delivery to time, cost and quality
- Degree qualified or equivalent (eg HNC/HND with significant experience) in relevant engineering discipline with typically more than 10 years design experience preferably in nuclear engineering
- Member of an appropriate professional institute
- Currently BPSS or SC security cleared
- Current possession of a P4 Sellafield pass and security 'SC' Level would be ideal
- Experience of design delivery using the Sellafield Ltd Management System preferred
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com #Jacobscmsjob
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.