Requisition ID: 232071 Requisition Posting End Date: 01/18/2021 Project Overview
CityFibre has started on an ambitious rollout of Fibre to the Home ( https://www.cityfibre.com/gigabit-cities/ ) across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ( https://www.cityfibre.com/residential/ ). As the CityFibre geographic footprint grows, the need to scale the execution model will increase and will become more urgent. To that end, standardization of approach and process - whether recruiting and retaining talent or resolving design constructability issues - will be critical, including the coordination and communication amongst the various CityFibre teams especially those outside of the Network Build organisation.
The Project Management Team in the Central Build Office is, effectively, a Functional Organisation responsible for the people and processes which, among other activities and focus areas, ensures that the build programme is effectively planned, tracked and monitored. The principal responsibility of this team will be to ensure that the City Teams are conversant and competent in the project controls processes, procedures and requirements. This will be especially important as new processes and procedures are released and must be cascaded to the City build teams (and inform Build Partner activities).
The engagement will allow CityFibre to build competency and capacity in a sustainable manner, that allows them to meet the demands of their ambitious rollout programme. Role Overview
- Utilize your skills with data science tools, (Python, Azure, Databricks and more) along with many years of Bechtel-captured engineering, procurement, and construction data to find insights that will inform decision-making
- Develop algorithms and build models that will significantly improve the engineering, procurement and construction approaches and lead to shorter schedules and lower costs
- Envision, develop, refine, and implement algorithms and build inferential models that will significantly improve the planning, estimating, and delivery of engineering, procurement and construction projects and lead to measurable improved outcomes such as increasing new work win rates, shorter schedules, lower costs, increased safety, reduced risks, etc.
- Prepare and present reporting outputs that give deep insight into the issues and risks to successful Build delivery
You'll have university level education in data science, engineering, or related field and five years or more of experience developing data science solutions, of progressive complexity and benefit.
- In depth experience with a big data cloud platform such as Azure or AWS
- Strong grasp of programming languages (Python, R, Java and Scala) and a willingness to learn new ones
- Practical experience in implementing machine learning and natural language processing techniques
- Experience working with and supporting cross-functional teams
- Basic abilities with data visualization tools and methodologies
- Preferred experience with video and/or IoT devices, data streaming and applications and uses
- Submit a complete example of a documented (including code) data-science solution
- Solid experience with clustering, classification, neural networks, reinforcement learning, supervised and unsupervised learning, sentiment analysis, natural language processing and more
- Up to date with emerging technologies and you stay current on the newest and best methods, technologies and approaches in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Highly motivated to find opportunity in and develop solutions for evolving challenges, is passionate about their craft, and driven to deliver exceptional results
The job title for this position is subject to change and will be mapped across to the customer's preferred title upon final selection. Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.