Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
Wood's Portland, Maine Office is seeking a part-time (up to 20 hours per week) Field Technician to support two groundwater treatment systems at the Pease Tradeport in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. With nearby access to multiple highways and interstates, the project site is within easy commuting distance from New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts.
Why join our Portland Wood Team? We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base! Our knowledgeable and skilled Architects, Engineers, Environmental Technicians & Scientists, Remediation Engineers, Chemists, Data Visualization Specialists are what make us known in the Industry and drive our recognition for delivering high quality and technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. With such large scope and brand recognition, our employees can work on complex and diverse projects. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small family like environment, while also having the structure, resources and opportunities of a large international organization.
Key Responsibilities :
- Support the plant operators with periodic maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Specific duties will include water level data collection both on and off the airfield, handling of spent bag filters and filter press sludge, and general housekeeping and landscaping tasks
- Take initiative to complete tasks within a greater team environment both indoors and outdoors
Work Environment :
- The position will work out of the two groundwater treatment facilities constructed and operated by Wood at the Pease Tradeport in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Will be required to follow all applicable health and safety procedures as well as Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations
Skills / Qualifications
Basis/Required Qualifications :
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter and successfully work in a team environment
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Wood's driving policy and FAA requirements
- And must be able to pass a vigorous Federal level background check
- US Citizenship required
Preferred Qualifications :
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training in accordance with 29CFR 1910.120
- Entry level groundwater remediation system experience
Physical Demands :
- Ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time either stationary or walking
- Field activities that may require working in unfavorable weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.