United Kingdom - Derbyshire, ChesterfieldJob Summary
We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to join our dedicated Water Engineering team. You will be involved in delivering a portfolio of large and complex water utilities projects, managing inputs from our specialist technical teams to meet our client's requirements. You will also provide support and lead on a range of projects including wastewater / water treatment schemes, flood risk management schemes, drainage schemes and Flood Risk Assessments.
You will form part of our strong multi-disciplinary water team, delivering varied and challenging projects for a range of clients.
- You will work closely with our teams of engineers, hydraulic modellers, environmental scientists and technical specialists to deliver a wide range of water industry, flood risk management and drainage projects in the UK and overseas to a high level of quality.
- You will be able to work proactively and collaboratively to solve engineering problems to deliver benefits to the communities that we serve.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of complex tasks and projects, being able to manage the budget and programme for these tasks and projects.
- You will support the development of junior members of the team, managing their input into projects and mentoring them.
The candidate would ideally have experience of similar project work in the UK water sector, including in areas such as: engineering assessments; options appraisals; engineering calculations; economic appraisal; outline and / or detailed design of wastewater / water treatment schemes; flood risk management; drainage schemes; hydraulic modelling.
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignements.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works.
- Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position.
- Experience of performing hydraulic modelling using ICM / Flood Modeller TUFLOW / HEC-RAS/ ESTRY.
- Awareness of hydrology including FEH, ReFH2
- Awareness of the planning process.
- Awareness of relevant legislation and design standards
- Experience of working for a Water Company framework consultant in a related role.
- Experience of preparing Flood Risk Assessments and surface water drainage strategies including the design of Sustainable Drainage Systems.
- Understanding of Local Authority, Water Company and / or Highways England procedures.
- Experience delivering projects with offices in other geographies.
Your benefits will include:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering field or equivalent qualification, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Minimum post-qualification experience within the water sector working for a consultancy.
- Chartered, or aiming to become Chartered, with a relevant institution e.g. ICE, CIWEM.
- Experience of undertaking engineering assessments, options appraisals, engineering calculations and / or economic appraisal.
- Experience of outline and / or detailed design, preferably of wastewater / water treatment schemes and / or flood risk management/ assessment or drainage schemes.
- Ability to deliver reports, drawings and contract documents relating to flood risk management, drainage and water industry projects.
- Successful delivery of projects to budget and programme.
- Delegating tasks and technical mentoring of junior team members.
- Experience using GIS, CAD (including 3D) and Microdrainage software.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with internal and external Design Team regarding all relevant technical and other information.
- Able to represent AECOM at client, design team and progress meetings throughout the course of the design and construction stages of the project.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients including adhering to Industry and Client Design Standards.
- Flexible to travel to other AECOM and client sites and offices.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Manchester - 1 New York StreetClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.