Skills: Business Development, Technical Manager, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Home based , United Kingdom
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world's biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
HEAD OF OFFSHORE WIND - UK
As part of the global clean energy business of Bureau Veritas we are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial individual with a proven track record within the UK offshore wind industry to join our team. Our significant and sustained growth within the Power and Utilities market sector, makes this is truly an exciting time to leave your mark in shaping a world of trust and building the sustainable power sector of the future.
- Ensure fundamental understanding of the offshore wind market in the UK (clients, competitors, partners, opportunities, business environment, regulation etc.)
- Drive the business replication of selected offshore wind technical solutions across all stages of the asset lifecycle (design and permitting, procurement, construction and operation)
- Support Bureau Veritas offshore wind operation on capability building, organisational development and further enhancement of the offshore wind operating model
- Plan and deploy strategic business plans
- Own the opportunity pipeline within the offshore wind market segment in the UK
- Identify leads, develop opportunities and generate sales
- Ensure exceptional customer interaction, as well as key account management with developers, owner-operators, OEMs and financial institutions .Plan and deploy marketing campaigns including participation in trade shows and webinars
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / PROFILE
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in engineering or a related discipline
- Significant commercial experience at a senior level within a key account management or business management position
- Recognised industry expert with strong technical and project knowledge combined with significant experience in the offshore wind sector
- Proven track record of growing sales
- Good understanding of professional services (Inspection, certification etc) related to offshore wind assets, including accredited services (such as project, type & component in engineering certification)
- Thorough technical knowledge across the whole lifecycle of the offshore wind sector, related industry-best-practices and relevant technical norms and standards
- Strong communicator
- Strong ability to set priorities and follow through
- Hands-on mentality
- Autonomy, self-direction & confidence
- Team player with collaborative attitude
- Strives for excellence
- Customer-centric thinker
- UK location at one of Bureau Veritas offices is flexible (extensive UK-wide travel)
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.