Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
OFFSHORE MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Primary Purpose of Job
• Ensures the integrity and sustainability of oil & gas Production and Processing Facilities at PS-2 by effective maintenance management of process packaged, rotating, static equipments, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, valves e.g. ESD valves and PSV's, living quarter civil equipments, HVAC systems, material handling, lifting equipments, safety e.g. lifeboats and fire fighting equipments.
• Responsible to manage mechanical maintenance implementation programs that match the department quality policy for the integrated oil & gas Production and Processing Facilities at PS-2.
• Responsible for the implementation of quality mechanical maintenance, to assure integrity and reliability requirement are met for PS-2 assets.
• Directs and reports the technical matters to the Lead Maintenance Operation Engineer (Offshore) and administratively to the platform Offshore Installation Superintendent.
• Participate in existing and new engineering projects and general plant changes directly or indirectly, related to oil & gas Production and Processing Facilities at PS-2 production Platforms.
B.Sc. in relevant Engineering discipline with an aptitude foe understanding drawings, P & ID's and cause and effects of complex packages, mechanical and rotating equipment/machines in addition to their control systems.
Experience & Skills
At lest 10 years experience in the installation, maintenance repair and fault finding of similar equipment in the petrochemical industry.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa