Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shanghai, China
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an International CIM Engineer located in Chongqing, China.
- Support for Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) projects from project design, implementation, production launch, to project closure.
- Provide daily CIM operation support to end users to ensure system availability.
- Involved in design, installation, and configuration of new and existing equipment automation together with equipment/process personnel.
- Provide hardware and software enhancement ideas or request to improve productivity or quality.
- Work together with other CIM and IT personnel on system launches and upgrades.
- Involved in new and existing production line expansion installation and support.
- Research of new technology or CIM applications to provide feedback to team for new enhancement.
- Continuous self-improvement.
General Responsibilities ¶
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed.
- Manage multiple technical projects targeting continuous improvement results in the areas of safety, quality, efficiency, delivery, and cost.
- Follow the direction of the project manager or other designated personnel.
- Review the project scope, proposals, job specification and resolve differences.
- Present constructive feedback to the person giving direction in a respective manner to achieve the best solution possible.
- Design and integrate control systems on new and existing equipment.
- Provide technical expertise and support on equipment, processes and methods aimed at sustaining or increasing output.
- Design, test, and validate systems (individually or as a member of a team).
- Work independently and with a team of CIM Engineers to assist in software development aspects of larger projects.
- Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies, procedures, and standards imposed by the company, customer and current legislation.
- Assist or lead in the development and implementation of applications
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow through with a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Deliver projects on time and with least cost for the defined scope and highest quality to our customers.
- Provide daily status notes on launch and during projects.
- Participate in training when made available.
- Make suggestions for improvements where possible.
- Respect work, safety, environment, and health standards imposed by the company, customer and current legislation.
- Local and international travel is required in this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Current Hours ¶
- Full Time, 40 hours per week position
- Start time will vary based on project and customer requirements.
- Evening, weekend, and/or holiday hours may be required.
Organizational Relationship ¶
Reports to: CIM Team Leader
Skills / Qualifications
Education and Qualifications ¶
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field or 5 years of practical experience in the field.
- Minimum 2 years of related working experience in Computer Integration Manufacturing.
- We seek a candidate who is dynamic and flexible with high adaptability to changes.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of machine integration, equipment monitoring system and bar-code tracking solution.
- Excellent system troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of PLC controllers and programming languages such JAVA, C, and HTML would be an added advantage.
- Programming languages such JAVA, C, and HTML would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of networks and IT systems is a benefit.
- Proficient in PC operating systems and high level of ability with Microsoft office products.
- Individual must be able to physically perform the following while carrying a laptop in a backpack:
- Climb a two story ladder.
- Walk a mile in under 20 minutes
- Be able to walk around the job site.
- Lift up to 30lbs or 15Kg without difficulty
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.