Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Lakeland, FL team as a Project Manager. The candidate will support and manage projects in the southeast US, to provide civil/geotechnical engineering services for infrastructure, water resources and mining related projects. The candidate will perform project management duties, including professional engineering, technical review, project financial management and quality control.
Provide civil/geotechnical engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical, civil and environmental projects to Wood's public and private sector clients. Provide group and organizational management.
- Projects include site investigation, dams and levees design & inspection, mining infrastructure and tailings pond design, transportation, utilities and other civil works projects.
- Knowledge and experience in phosphate mining industry including clay settling design and construction, mined land water management and reclamation, and gypsum stack design, operations and closure.
- Supervise and lead civil/geotechnical investigation and design activities from proposal to deliverables.
- Project and budget management including resource management and quality oversight
- Technical management of multi-discipline projects, coordinating project teams, and ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Amec Foster Wheeler team members
- Business Development and client management
- Management of group financial performance
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- 10 years+ experience in geotechnical investigation and design, preferably in the water resource & mining industry
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Florida soils and geology
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE in Florida
- Diverse experience in the following areas highly desired:
- Earth dams and levees
- Mining (tailings management and dam design, hydraulic structures, etc.)
- Site Closure and Construction QAQC
- Experience with drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with SLOPE/W & SEEP/W a plus but not required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.