London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Environmental Consultant or Senior Consultant in any one of the following offices: London, Bristol or Reading.
Wood's Environmental Policy and Economics team is at the forefront of providing policy, technical, scientific and economic advice on the development and implementation of national and international environmental policy, as well as strategic business response to policy. We provide consultancy services for national Governments, European Union institutions, international organisations (e.g. the United Nations and World Bank), industry associations and companies. We have a reputation for robust and impartial analysis, meaning that our projects directly influence the development and improvement of environmental, health and safety policies in the UK, EU and beyond.
This role is intended to support ongoing growth in our European environmental policy and economics business. The role will involve working on projects focused on one or more of the following policy areas: air quality, industrial emissions, hazardous chemicals, climate change, water, waste and resources, natural capital and ecosystem services, as well as various other areas of environmental policy. The right candidate should have experience in one or more of these areas.
You will be joining the business at an exciting time, with a strong forward workload, and an ambitious strategy for growth.
We are seeking candidates with a background in environmental policy, ideally gained from within a consultancy or Government position. The right candidate will have a strong academic background in environmental science, environmental technology, engineering, environmental economics or a closely related subject.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate, with excellent opportunities for career development, exposure to diverse projects as well as international travel in a friendly and supportive environment. Applications from those with European language skills are particularly welcome. Our team is based across the UK, Belgium and Germany, but work with colleagues across the globe.
The successful candidate will manage and deliver consultancy projects covering environmental policy. You will be able to work independently to deliver consistently excellent technical work, and to supervise others in the delivery of project tasks.
The successful candidate will work in multi-disciplinary teams, contributing to policy development, implementation and evaluation; cost-benefit analysis; socio-economic analysis; model development; information/data collection and analysis; stakeholder consultation; report writing and verbal presentation.
The successful candidate will support the development of business with new and existing clients, and will manage and/or support the preparation of winning commercial and technical proposals.
Skills / Qualifications
- A proven track record of delivering (and at senior consultant grade managing) consultancy projects concerning national and/or international environmental, health and/or safety policy (preferably in a consultancy context). An ability to deliver excellent quality to clients while remaining commercially-focused
- A proven track record of developing professional networks, securing new business and delivering successful commercial proposals
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear and concise reports in English.
- Demonstrable experience in standard techniques in environmental policy development and implementation, such as in evaluation of technical / policy measures; cost-benefit analysis; data collection, validation and analysis; and stakeholder consultation.
- Organisation, initiative and the ability to plan your work and adhere to fixed deadlines.
- Mathematical / quantitative analysis, data / statistical modelling skills
- Analytical / economic techniques such as: survey design and execution; market analysis; socio-economic analysis; regulatory impact assessment
- Understanding of the development of public policy and the methods for assessing the socio-economic and environmental impacts of government action
- Familiarity with national and international sources of government and business statistics.
- Experience of environmental or policy analysis within a consultancy, government, research agency/think tanks, NGO or private sector / industry organisation
- EU language capabilities
- A postgraduate qualification in environmental science / technology, engineering, environmental economics, environmental law or policy.
- A good undergraduate degree in environmental science, economics or a closely related discipline.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.