Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Civil Engineering, Geologist
Education: Some College
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an On-call Stormwater Engineering Technician to join our team in San Diego, CA. Qualified candidate will assist with documents/records research to support various projects, transferring data files and preparing data presentations under supervision, and conducting general quality control review of tabulated analytical data. Candidate will also work with senior geotechnical, civil engineering and environmental professionals and may interact with local regulatory or City agencies for gathering historical information and water resource records.
Job tasks and responsibilities will vary by project demands
- Will access, collect and organize information from on-line databases
- May participate in preparation of simple graphical presentations
- As needed, will transfer data files from computerized field equipment to office systems
- Will perform other skill-appropriate office tasks, as needed
- Available for 10-20 hours per week
Skills / Qualifications
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and currently enrolled in college with a major in civil engineering or engineering geology field
- Candidate should have good problem solving skills and familiarity with various computer programs (such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.