Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a civil engineer with 8-10 years of experience to support civil engineering construction projects and construction materials testing. This position will support large civil, environmental, geotechnical, and other projects in a dynamic setting frequently under a Nuclear Quality Assurance (NQA-1) Program. Typical activities will include materials testing in the field and in the laboratory, monitoring and recording construction site activities, documenting events, overseeing drilling and monitoring well installation, coordination of surveying and location of underground utilities, performing inspections, writing reports, and other construction engineering activities.
The work environment includes engineering for large projects (>$250k) related to nuclear facilities, power plants, dams, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services.
The individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, geologists, technicians, and scientists on civil design and construction projects, with an emphasis on field investigation, plans and specification development, civil construction site engineering, and permitting.
- Managing Field and Laboratory personnel who are conducting construction materials testing along with Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) services with nuclear quality involvement.
- Preparation of QA/QC construction documents, technical specifications, and opinions of probable construction costs.
- Preparation of permits and construction documents.
- Execute high level of client and project management to include preparation of proposals, cost estimates, tracking budgets, scheduling, attending meetings, and responding effectively to meet client needs.
- Manage staff workload and facilitates team resources for project execution.
- Market to bring in new projects and clients for future engineering and construction projects.
- Assist in the development of design drawings, calculations, and reports for project deliverables.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited college/university is required.
- At least 3 years of experience working under a Nuclear Quality Assurance program is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in the State of Tennessee is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred but not required.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of earned value management reporting using financial tracking systems and scheduling software.
- Must have strong oral / written communication skills and ability to work well in teams.
- Must have strong organizational skills for keeping multiple tasks on track from concept through delivery.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, with experience in Primavera 6 preferred.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- US citizenship required.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.