Skills: Casing, Field Service Tech, Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
A TRS Technician is responsible for safely and professionally operating casing running equipment at various rig/field sites.
- Handle and operate casing running equipment, including: casing running tools, power tongs, elevators, power slips, control panels, and hydraulic power units.
- Work with hand tools and operate hydraulically activated equipment
- Rig up, run, and rig down various components on a drilling rig.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all rig, customer, and Quail Services personnel.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Represent Quail Services in a professional manner.
- Attend all customer and Parker QHSSE&T meetings.
- Report any operational issues which may occur before, during, or after a job to the TRS Lead.
- Make recommendations for the safe execution of the job and report any unsafe acts, near misses, or incidents.
- Report any shortcomings or status of non-conformance of equipment.
- Attend all safety training, equipment training, and medical checks as required by Quail Services.
- Accountable for safe operation of all Quail Services equipment.
- Other tasks requested by the TRS Lead or Field Service Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least 5 years' experience with mechanical, electronic, and hydraulic applications or experience in a similar operation i.e. rig operations or casing and tubular running activity is preferred.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record required.
- Class A CDL preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of tubular handling equipment, including: casing running tools, power tongs, elevators, power slips, control panels, and hydraulic power units.
- Must possess the ability to work with hand tools and operate hydraulically activated equipment.
- Must possess the ability to rig up, run, and rig down various components on a drilling rig.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter, and able to work with little supervision.
- Must have the ability to work both cooperatively and independently and set priorities in the context of operational impact.
- Good customer service skills are essential.
- Must have a good attitude and the ability to learn new skills.
- Must be a team player, willingness to help.
- Must have the ability to adapt positively to changes in policies, procedures and priorities, or work environments.
- Ability to read and write English required.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands / work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift, push, pull, and move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision, and rapid mental coordination is required. It is required to be mentally alert for an entire work schedule.
This position will work at rig/field sites and often on an elevated rig floor. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures. There is potential for exposure to high noise levels, chemicals, mud, grease and oil. This position will be working with and around heavy equipment/machinery. Quail Services will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.