Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is pleased to present an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Construction Manager/Site Superintendent in support of our Program/Construction Management (PM/CM) Practice. This full-time position will require being onsite for an off-shore wind farm maintenance facility design-build project located near Providence, RI. There is potential for similar assignments in the future with Wood, especially for those willing to travel.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work closely with the Wood project team and lead the on-site effort executing construction of a large multi-story maintenance facility. The project includes installation of a large gantry crane and otherwise typical new construction components of a large-scale maintenance facility. The construction manager should be able to demonstrate strong safety and quality experience on large construction projects.
Responsibilities include: daily onsite supervision of construction subcontractors, proactive management of safety/quality/change/risk, leading progress meetings with project stakeholders, verifying contractor cost/schedule/progress, tracking and closure of RFI's/submittals, verification of contractor testing, design-build documentation, and project closeout and as-built documentation.
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking self-motivated professionals with:
- 5+ years of relevant construction management/site superintendent experience.
- Experience with new construction projects of $20M+
- Strong knowledge of construction means and methods, standards, and code requirements
- Commitment to safety to include OSHA 30-hour training. Able to perform the duties of a Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO).
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on documentation of construction effort
- Experience supervising construction subcontractors with responsibility for monitoring the day-to-day field operations to ensure safety, quality, schedule, and cost goals are achieved.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills.
- Extensive experience with construction plans and specifications, and relating that experience to project scope, schedule, and cost.
- Experience in developing and implementing QA/QC programs to ensure work conforms to the contract documents. Able to perform the duties of a Site QC Manager.
- USACE CQM certification preferred with the ability to implement the "three phases of control" for all definable features of work
- Understanding of union construction projects is a plus
- Ability to develop and execute a testing plan for monitoring key elements of construction.
- Liaison experience between contractors, designers, owners, and end-users.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.