MPD Supervisor JOB SUMMARY:
- Primary responsibilities of this position are the daily supervision of MPD Operations including pre-planning (e.g., HSE, HAZID and HAZOP) and producing the post-well performance summaries.
- The MPD Supervisor/Lead will supervise a team including MPD Mechanical Specialist and MPD Control Systems / DAQ Specialist.
- Manage client relationship and expectations on-site, and when appropriate, demonstrate and explain Managed Pressure Drilling technology - must be able to represent independently
- MPD Supervisors will work closely with other key personnel on location: Company Man, Directional Drillers, Data Techs, Drilling Foreman and Drillers.
- The MPD Supervisor to provide strategic customer information including client product and service requirements and expectations and post-well satisfaction.
- Supervise field installation and operation of Managed Pressure Drilling jobs including pre-planning and logistics, supervision of all on-site personnel and post-well performance summary reporting.
- Troubleshoot for field operations in the operation, maintenance and repair of Managed Pressure Drilling equipment
- Participate in the design and supervision of all Managed Pressure Drilling field tests
- Recommend new approaches and/or specifications for new and existing equipment, software and procedures
- Competent in the use of drilling engineering calculating programs and other related software.
- Perform Rig Survey & Rig Audit and able to prepare lay out & P&ID.
- Lead HARC, HAZID, HAZOP, and DWOP for MPD/PMCD operation
- Lead MPD Training Level I & II (Classroom) and Level III (Wellsite)
- May assist in managing optimum pressure control to achieve drilling objectives
- May participate in developing technical training programs for field personnel
- May participate in Managed Pressure Drilling feasibility studies.
- A technical diploma degree in mechanical/petroleum or related field preferred, however, the equivalent in industry experience will be considered.
- 7 years minimum experience as a Wellsite Supervisor in UBD/MPD/PMCD/Air Drilling Operations, especially in Saudi Arabia or Middle East.
- Valid IADC Well Sharp/IWCF Supervisor (Land) Certificate.
- Relevant MPD Supervisor Training Certificate.
- Knowledge of slinging and lifting overhead loads
- Understand the dangers of energized fluids and associated equipment
- Understand the dangers of working around high-pressure lines
- Understand Process and Information Diagrams and Flow Systems
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Advanced understanding of mechanics
- Advanced understanding of hydraulics
- Familiar with drilling issues as they relate to conventional & MPD drilling practices.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.