Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a . Net Developer with extensive experience in the IT industry.
Digital & Technology at Wood has an opportunity for a .NET developer to join our busy, friendly and global agile team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on high value software products, which are delivered to prestigious organisations worldwide. With more than 20 years of experience in software development and innovation, our developers and domain experts work together to deliver engineering, design and operational management solutions that address the primary threats to the safety, operation and productivity of energy and industrial assets of our clients.
The .NET Developer reports to the Lead Developer and interacts closely and frequently with other developers, QA automation engineers, Business Analysts, domain experts and other key stakeholders to develop, test, document and support the solution. The .NET Developer also interacts with a broader group of stakeholders including Project Managers and the global Software Solutions organisation.
- Designing, developing, testing, documenting and supporting new functionality and existing functionality following core principles, practices, processes and architectural standards of the organisation
- Writing well designed, testable and clean code following SOLID principles
- Contributing in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Resolving technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
Skills / Qualifications
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline.
- Working experience of SQL and Entity Framework & Unit Testing
- Proven track record of full life-cycle development, including requirement gathering and analysis, design, implementation, deployment, testing and maintenance with strong problem-solving skills
- Automated Testing including Unit, Integration and Acceptance Tests
- Working experience with Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience with Agile development
- Solid Understanding of design patterns and Object-Oriented programming
- Familiarity with version control with Git
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Understanding of usability issues and experience on user interface design
- Working experience with one of the front-end frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js or React
- Entity Framework
- MVC Core
- Classic ASP
- Operating systems including Windows, Linux and Android
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft DevOps
We offer the opportunity to work on prestigious world-wide projects and the potential for personal growth within an expanding organisation. As the role requires a significant amount of interaction with various stakeholders globally, a good standard of spoken and written English is needed. Please note that we are ideally looking for someone who is already living within a commutable distance of the office, and applications will only be considered from individuals entitled to live and work in Chennai.
The role may require occasional international travel to client sites to support on-site deployments, and occasional client support outside of normal office hours to consider different time zones.
The company offers a generous compensation scheme that is highly competitive in the industry. Compensation will not be a limiting factor for the right candidate and will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.