Austin, Texas, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
United States of America - Texas, Austin
AECOM has a position for an Air Quality and Emissions Tester available in Austin, TX.
The responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Maintain, calibrate and repair equipment and instruments used for emissions testing
- Support field testing activities as sampler. Manual and instrumental methods
- Assist in the management of equipment and resources
- Assist in the management of calibration and other documentation
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- HS Diploma
- 2+ years of relevant experience to include instrumentation maintenance & repair or analytical lab
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Associates degree in Chemistry, related Science or Instrumentation Technology
- Experience as a laboratory analyst or instrument technician highly preferred
- Aptitude for operation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment for field work.
- Familiar with the practices required to generate valid scientific data
- Able to work both independently and in a project team environment
- Ability to record test data legibly, completely, and accurately
- Ability to recognize hazards and work safely in an industrial setting
- Show initiative and interest in professional development
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors year-round, climb ladders and stairs, and work at elevated heights.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and hoist test equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
- Must be willing and able to travel an average of 30-50% of the time.
- A pre-employment Motor Vehicle driving record check is required
- Must have and maintain a valid US Driver's License
- Must pass client mandated random drug screenings,
- Must pass DOT Driver medical exam
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 243229BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.