Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
United States of America - Texas, Houston
AECOM Building + Places is seeking a Plumbing Engineer to work on our Houston, TX office.
The job responsibilities include:
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
About AECOM's Buildings + Places
- AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
- With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
- Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.
BA/BS + 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- CPD certification is strongly desired
- Strong Revit capabilities
- Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
- Strong Project Management Experience/PMP Certification
- Ability to interact with others on a multi-discipline team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Good time management skills, a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects (financials) and small project teams
- Excellent Communications Skills with the ability to present designs to clients
- Additional Industry Certifications such as LEED AP, CxA or CEM
- Sponsorship is not offered with this position
- Relocation is not offered with this position
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 243205BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.