United States of America - Colorado, DenverJob SummarySenior Engineer, Microgrid Solution ArchitectAECOM is seeking a Senior Engineer, Microgrid Solution Architect for a full time position supporting our Energy group. This position will likely be mapped to the Denver, CO office, but will be primarily remote based, with travel, and can be filled from anywhere in the United States, with a preference for some proximity to AECOM Energy offices.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
This position is part of the AECOM national microgrid development team. Successful candidates to lead the development of projects and work closely with business development managers to advance engineering solution to our customer. As a solution architect the major role is to apply engineering methods for the design and development of microgrid system architecture.
We are looking for a highly capable systems engineer to join our team to work as part of a growing team with focus on engineering execution of microgrid system deployments.Activities and responsibilities for the position includes:
- Develop models of the microgrid electrical power and energy system using conventional and advanced analysis tools to verifies stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system architecture.
- Be the technical lead on microgrid opportunities and assigned projects,
- Participates in design, deployment and commissioning of microgrids and microgrid control systems.
- Provides day-to-day technical support to development teams throughout AECOM.
- Documents designs, develop specifications, system approval test procedures and instructions, and other system-related information.
- Authors and prepare customer reports and technical papers for conferences,
- Work closely with business development manager(s) on the assessment of new opportunities.
- Actively participates in development and delivery of training of additional resources in his/her area of expertise
- Provides strategic input in identification of and securing business with new customers
- Builds relationship with the customers, subcontractors, product engineering team, and others throughout the project development cycle.
- Provide oversight of a project team to assure technical and financial milestones are met.
Level specific responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership for a specialty and is considered to be a fully capable professional in their field.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Makes decisions independently on technical problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences.
- Resolves important questions and plans and coordinates work.
- Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modifications and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
- The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually result from progressive experience.
- Supervision and guidance relate largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
- Receives direction on unusual conditions and developments.
- BA/BS plus 8 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
What We Offer
- 10+ years of industrial experience, including expertise in energy storage, solar, wind, and generator controls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master or PhD Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Familiarity with standards such as (IEEE 1547, CA Rule 21, HI Rule 14) and communication (SunSpec, DNP3, 2030.5)
- Advanced knowledge of microgrid control methods, energy management systems, isochronous and droop operation of resources, load controllers and switchgears.
- Power system modeling and analysis tools such will be an advantage
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Electrical / ElectronicBusiness Line
Power & IndustrialBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Arlington, VA - 3101 Wilson Blvd, US - Boston, MA - One Federal St, US - Chicago, IL - 303 E Wacker Drive, US - Germantown, MD - 12420 Milestone Center Drive, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway, US - Los Angeles, CA - 300 S Grand Ave, US - New Orleans, LA - 1555 Poydras St, US - New York, NY - 125 Broad Street, US - Oakland, CA - 300 Lakeside DriveClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.