United States of America - Colorado, DenverJob SummaryMicrogrid Business Development ManagerAECOM is seeking a Microgrid Business Development Manager for a full time position supporting our Energy group. This position will likely be mapped to the Denver, CO office, but will be primarily remote based, with travel, and can be filled from anywhere in the United States, with a preference for some proximity to AECOM Energy offices.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
The BDM will proactively lead all microgrids short- and long-term business growth initiatives, which include identify, qualify, sell, and manage customer accounts during and after the sales process.
The BDM will lead initiatives for AECOM consulting services focused on the application of renewable energy resources, energy storage systems, and other distributed resources and their integration into a microgrid system. The work to include microgrid projects in the Building & Places, Water, Transportation and Environment services verticals. The BDM role is to cultivate a culture that encourages collaboration and teamwork and provides improvement to the quality of services provided to AECOM customers.
Additional activities and responsibilities for the position includes:
- Develop and implement strategic plans that achieve business development goals and objectives.
- Communicate with BDMs/Regional Managers in a clear and timely manner to direct execution of company microgrid strategy and initiatives and/or changes.
- Establish operational and performance targets and monitor achievement toward those targets, taking corrective action when needed.
- Analyze current processes and channels for opportunity capture, recommending methods for improvement if necessary.
- Analyze financial data and work to ensure that the financial goals and objectives are maximized.
- Identify and develop opportunities in a new marketplace for microgrids that align with the Company's market and service sectors.
- Generate sales leads through prospecting, networking, and leveraging marketing programs developed by the company.
- Cultivate effective relationships with existing and potential key clients.
- Develop key client relationships in this marketplace. Schedule regular meetings with clients to monitor and maintain appropriate client satisfaction levels.
- Identify partners and subcontractors for the mutual pursuit of business opportunities.
Level specific responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and implements business development activities for an assigned market, geographic territory or region.
- Manages and oversees business development staff.
- Participates in decision-making.
- Works independently to pursue development of new business prospects.
- Assists in the development of proposals and gives presentations to potential clients.
- Generally has business development and/or technical experience, may require hands-on cost proposal development.
- BA/BS plus 8 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
What We Offer
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 15 years' experience with a renewable engineering firm or utility or vendor in the renewable energy, energy storage, and microgrid fields such as engineering, product development, or related field.
- 10+ years in a management / business development role.
- This individual should have a strong grasp on the general trajectory of the industry and be aware of current and upcoming industry policy changes that affect renewable energy, storage, microgrids, and vehicle electrification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with exceptional interpersonal skills are required for this position.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Business DevelopmentBusiness Line
Power & IndustrialBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Arlington, VA - 3101 Wilson Blvd, US - Boston, MA - One Federal St, US - Chicago, IL - 303 E Wacker Drive, US - Germantown, MD - 12420 Milestone Center Drive, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway, US - Los Angeles, CA - 300 S Grand Ave, US - New Orleans, LA - 1555 Poydras St, US - New York, NY - 125 Broad StreetClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.