Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Littleton, Massachusetts, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The Product Safety Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and managing all non-engineering related activities in the Product Safety Department. This includes coordinating a smooth and efficient hand-off of all incoming test projects (from Sales, Partner, or Intracompany) and to act as the primary customer contact for preparing and scheduling projects for testing in our laboratory. The Product Safety Program Coordinator will communicate clearly and in a timely manner to customers and Operations staff in order to coordinate scheduling of projects in the lab. The Product Safety Program Coordinator will also manage product safety equipment calibrations and become familiar with our quality systems to support during audits.
Responsible for ensuring the efficient use of lab resources by maintaining accurate status of all active projects in the lab and between different technical areas, managing documents, managing calibrations, understanding our quality system, and demonstrating accountability and self-motivation.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of client testing projects that come in through sales, intracompany, or partners.
- Coordinate delivery of technical support docs from client to Operations.
- Ensure communication with client is documented and reside in specified files.
- Work with clients and operations staff to ensure product is configured correctly and ready to test.
- Work with operations staff to coordinate scheduling and test start dates.
- Contact all clients to initiate scheduling process.
- Track test samples at all stages of the project and alert shipping of sample returns.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of accurate status on all incoming projects to ensure test resources are maximized.
- Be highly responsive to client and operations inquiries.
- Accurately maintain all project tracking tools.
- Transfer "pre-billing" information to appropriate Billing staff.
- Ensure day-to-day client requests, submissions, problems, issues and complaints are handled efficiently and professionally.
- Ensure accurate and complete delivery of services within defined turnaround times, including sample process questions and follow up.
- Provide world class customer service to internal and external clients.
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships through professional service and effective communication to BVCPS clients
- Support service delivery/business development and local operations by building rapport with clients.
- Communicates directly with labs, technical staff, business development/service delivery staff, and collections staff relating to follow-up on client requests. Takes needed steps to address and resolve disputes for the client.
- Communicate significant client issues that do not meet expectations to General Manager/ Business Development/Service Delivery team for engagement. Make educated decisions on resolution based on this engagement.
- Lead client outreach initiatives to further develop client relationships and recommendations for continuous service improvement.
- Manage the calibrations of the Product Safety Equipment to ensure resources are available for use, minimizing down-time.
- Learn the calibration management system and enter/track equipment.
- Vendor management of calibration houses.
- Learn our PO generation system, Flex.
- Be a back-up for shipping coordinator, learning our shipping processes.
- Adhere to the requirements of the BVCPS Quality System and assist with the implementation and maintenance of the department quality system.
- Participate in audits as the knowledge base for processes.
- Monitor and analyze department/program performance including, but not limited to TET, TAT and Hold/ACSF status and highlight areas for improvement to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Issue cost quotations for Inter-company testing requests, with engineering/management support.
- Provide solutions and recommendations on program systems and changes to improve processes, as well as assist in implementing best practices within team.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Advanced organizational skills
- Quickly adapts to changing priorities
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience processing invoices
- Advanced computer skills
- Excels in a fast paced environment
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Strong work ethic
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job:
- 2 year degree in a related field and 4 years related experience.
- 4 year degree in a related field and 2 years related experience.
- Client management experience preferred.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.