Skills: Business Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Littleton, Massachusetts, United States
The purpose of this position is to identify potential new customers and successfully convert these prospects in to new business across all BVCPS Business Lines and manage these customers through a start-up period after launch.
Meet or exceed the annual stated new sales goals both on an individual basis and for the division. Align with the Program Manager through the start-up period (not to exceed 2 year from launch of program) by liaising with all aspects of the testing, inspection, and/or consulting services provided to assigned clients as well as develop the client relationships at multiple levels (executive to manager) to ensure a successful program launch.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide expertise to clients in areas of global compliance, industry standards, and client specifications through opinions, interpretations and recommendations and identify and engage the appropriate people within Bureau Veritas where necessary.
- Responsible for driving the sales process from beginning (research and identification) to end (planning, launch and execution of program).
- Manage and direct the client start-up and provide guidance and collaboration with the Account Manager. The goal is to provide a smooth and seamless transition for start-up status to Account Management status, within the one (1) year of the launch of business.
- Define and develop with client an understanding of client's needs, objectives, and expectations related to compliance, safety and quality and match these to CPSD's services and capabilities.
- Sell services within pricing scope as defined by operations.
- Accountable for increase and decrease in client sales (new and recently launched).
- Develop strong client relationships including day-to-day contact up through multiple levels - executive level/decision makers to manager. Serve as liaison between the client and other global CPSD departments (Sales/Marketing, Information Resources Center, Operational Staff, Information Technology and Accounting).
- Arrange for all necessary client service support to include quarterly business reviews, quarterly/annual sales summaries, other client-specific reports, technical opinions, interpretations, recommendations and/or client operational manuals.
- Prepare for and participate in client meetings and presentations, training seminars and/or tradeshows.
- Forecast and monitor client sales, evaluate client operations, implement process improvements, and identify new business opportunities.
- Successfully address day-to-day client requests, problems, issues, and complaints.
- Working with the New Client Start-up Coordinator, serve as the global internal and external liaison for all submissions requiring testing or evaluations to be performed by global testing locations.
- Monitor CPSDs performance in relation to defined services.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have an understanding and general competency in areas of technical of regulations, standards, and compliance and requirements relating to the consumer products market (retailers and brands)
- Must have, or be able to quickly develop, executive level relationships at major retailers and brands with in the consumer products industries.
- Must have an understanding of product development and sourcing - how the process works and where BVCPS services fit in.
- Ability to interpret technical information and translate into common terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, attention to detail and process improvement skills.
- Strong work ethic and excellent client service skills to ensure effective, responsive client interaction (internal and external).
- Strong people management skills, as demonstrated by being able to select, develop, evaluate and direct a team of sales people to assure attainment of sales quotas for the team.
- Ability to work well under pressure to handle crisis situations and balance several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate tasks to appropriate staff and perform required follow up.
- Ability to negotiate and sell relevant services in a way that benefits the Company & the customer.
- Must be confident, highly efficient, and self-motivated. Must be a "make it happen' person who drives the process.
- Must be personable and work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Travel required for Trade Shows, internal meetings and client meetings. Travel requirement could be as great as 75%.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications - including Excel and PowerPoint
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
Manager I :
- 4 year college degree in business administration or related discipline; 0-4 years related experience
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.