Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Under broad direction, responsible for managing the Order To Cash (OTC) functional areas, multiple technology, major system (e.g., SAP, process simulation, document management, etc.,) and the development/acquisition, maintenance, and support of applications in those areas.
- Similar duties are often associated with the selection, acquisition, installation and configuration of applications licensed from third parties, and interaction with vendors is required.
- Provide direction to projects, assessing and mitigating risks, and reviewing and approving all requirements/specifications, estimates, system designs, software technology decisions, completed systems, and activities associated with providing support to customers and clients, often involving performing project setups, analyses, designs, etc., for/with customers.
- Provides input on administrative policies, procedures, technology, priorities, and such.
- Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed. Interprets and applies directions originating at a higher level.
- Assists others with programming, system testing, documentation, system deployment, training, and project setup/support often involving performing project setups, analyses, designs, etc., for/with customers.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Job role contributes directly to value creation.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Broad knowledge of the applications and work processes in functional area and is capable of providing leadership, addressing complex tasks, and safeguarding timely project completion and client satisfaction.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in CS, MIS, BA or Engineering and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of software development experience years of experience in Systems Development and/or Applications Support which includes experience in Analysis, Design, Programming, Product Selection, Support and/or Maintenance.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1), their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Senior Applications Analyst/Developer and Lead Applications Analyst/Developer roles.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 88799
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.