Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Project Controls
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Power Solutions business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada's power generation and power distribution companies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Controller, Junior/ Intermediate. Reporting to the Project Controls Manager. This position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assisting with analyzing and forecasting project costs; project planning as well as developing, preparing, collecting and analyzing schedule and cost data on a weekly and monthly basis to assist the management of the project preparation of weekly and monthly reports
- Reporting project cost and schedule status to management for internal reviews as well as analyzing cost variances and recommending corrective actions for capital projects
- Preparing in the development and implementation of project baseline budgets and assisting in the development of schedules
- Setting up project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and allocating budgets at appropriate WBS levels for project tasks
- Reviewing project scope change and change order requests for proper justification, schedule impacts, and adequate budget and funding
- Reviewing contractor, vendor, and consultant invoices for capital projects
- Working in coordination with contract administrators on contract budgets, progress payments, valuations of contract variations and compensation events as well as contract financial close-out
- Preparing Project Change Notices in collaboration with Project Manager, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction and maintaining a Change Log.
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree from a recognized university in engineering or a recognized business program
- 2 years of progressive project services or cost control experience, in an EPC or EPCM environment
- Familiar with engineering controls, cost control, planning, scheduling, project reporting as well as procurement/contracts, construction management, and document control
- Knowledge and experience with Primavera P6 and Enterprise Systems is desirable. Proven ability to work at an advanced level with all Microsoft Office applications, with major strengths in Excel
- Knowledge of EVMS principles and their application
- Ability to develop new, proprietary and innovative solutions to current processes is an asset. Effective communication skills, client liaison and critical thinking capabilities
- Project Management training is desirable (PMP or equivalent)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.