Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience with multiple industrial Clients.
Wood supports industrial and manufacturing Clients from our dynamic office in Oakville. Our market niche is supporting plant expansion & designing modifications to existing facilities to support maintenance, growth, and regulatory compliance. This requires field investigations, design, specification, planning, and support to procurement and construction, all with the mindset of responding to Client needs. We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will become an integral member on a team of mechanical and process engineers and technicians, that is supported by the wider resource network of Wood. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Wood recognizes that experience gained from designing systems and operating systems complement each other; and we are looking for someone who has experience in both. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Refining, Power and/or Industrial mechanical systems such as the following:
- Refining Systems (separation, amine, sulphur, glycol, fuel gas, flare, heating, cooling, tank farms, etc.),
- Rotating Equipment (Generators, pumps, compressors, turbines, etc.),
- Static Equipment (Heat Exchangers, Boilers, Pressure Vessels, Tanks, etc.)
- Fire protection
- Building services/HVAC/Dust Collection
- Material Handling
Responsibilities: The Mechanical Engineer may work as a team member and/or project manager depending on the project. Responsibilities will include the following.
- Meet with Clients to understand issues, clarify scopes, present solutions, and receive feedback.
- Prepare proposals for sole-source, invited-bid, and public-tender engineering services.
- Identify, develop, and document design criteria.
- Execute front-end engineering and design to prepare conceptual designs for approval and cost estimating.
- Prepare studies and reports on issues pertinent to Clients.
- Develop detailed system designs, both independently and as part of a team. Receive and give direction as appropriate.
- Check designs of others.
- Prepare and/or review functional inspections, equipment specifications, datasheets, inspection test plans, installation instructions, and commissioning documents.
- Conceptual development of P&ID's and layouts for designers
- Work with the project team to resolve co-ordination and interferences issues
- Prepare cost estimates
- Develop packages for permit applications, tender bids, and construction work
- Address bid queries, review submittal packages, and provide construction support for the projects
- Conduct field verification of designs prior to, during, and after construction.
- Coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines, equipment vendors, and installation contractors
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least ten years' experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario
- Knowledge of design codes, particularly Ontario-specific codes such as Ontario Building Code and Ontario Fire Code, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness and ability to travel.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.