Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Responsible for Directional Drilling downhole services to customer according to well plans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and provides supervision for the directional drilling operation at the wellsite that ensures the desired directional path and drilling targets are achieved in a safe and economic manner.
- Responsible for BHA being assembled as per well / engineering plan.
- Responsible for the operation, inspection and maintenance of motors and downhole tools at rig site.
- Responsible for the generation and content of daily and Final Well reports on services performed.
- Responsible for maintaining well profile plots and providing customer with directional survey data.
- Assists with RSS operations at the wellsite.
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring and training Trainee (DD I) and Junior (DD II) field engineers.
- Collaborates with the MWD team to ensure BHA specification and engineering optimization parameters are realized.
- Maintains equipment records of equipment at wellsite.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
•a safe and healthy workplace for all employees;
•enforcing all safety precautions and practices;
•promoting safe work practices;
•Attending mandatory safety meetings and maintaining Company property and equipment in safe operating conditions at all times.
- Know and understand Weatherford's Enterprise Excellence Process and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- 3-5+ years related field experience working as a Driller or Directional Drilling
- Experience and ability to solve problems and perform with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills.
- Positive attitude and a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum. Preferred 2 years College degree
- General product knowledge
- Mechanical ability necessary to perform repairs
- Valid Driver license
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel computer skills
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Able to work closely with fellow employees