Skills: Structural Engineering, Construction Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Wood performs consulting and EPCM services for multiple industries including Mining & Minerals, Power & Energy and Infrastructure, executing world-class projects for many power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer - Intermediate. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Los Angeles, CA office . We offer a broad range of professional development and career growth opportunities and are committed to helping our staff achieve their potential. If you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong technical fundamentals, and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Leading projects from conception stage through construction
- Assisting the management team by preparing and planning project scope and change notices
- Assisting Business Development team by preparing scope of work, engineering budgets and schedules for proposals and estimates
- Working with a team of engineers, designers, and drafters d esigning of foundations for transmission towers, steel monopoles and wood pole structures.
- Supporting the development of study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents.
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Providing engineering technical support to the field during construction
- Traveling to and visiting client sites
- Leading and mentoring junior staff
- Monitoring budgets and schedules
Skills / Qualifications
- Structural Engineering Degree from a recognized university along with a California Professional Engineering License (PE)
- 3-8 years of structural engineering experience in transmission and distribution projects and/or heavy industrial projects
- Proficiency in c oncrete, steel and masonry design
- General working knowledge of structural analysis software such as STAAD Pro and SAP 2000
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Southern California Edison experience is considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.