We share a common purpose - to make the world more connected and sustainable. And we're excited about the innovative ways we can change the world. If you are also interested in turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Mechanical Engineer in Colorado. As part of our team, you'll have the chance to work on projects that bring innovative solutions to our municipal clients' water and wastewater challenges locally and worldwide.
You'll be charged with designing water and wastewater pump stations, treatment facilities/processes for water and wastewater plants, conveyance systems, technical writing, and construction drawing and specification production. We'll have you use your experience to design pump stations for water and wastewater, including pipe sizing calculations, selection of pump type, process facilities (primary, secondary, tertiary, and solids treatment systems), rotating equipment (centrifugal pumps, blowers), piping systems, valves, and appurtenances for in plant process piping, chemical systems, and hydraulic studies.
If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you.Qualifications:
Ideally, here's what you'll also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 4yearsof experience in water/wastewaterprocess mechanical engineeringfor municipal or industrial clients
- Detailed mechanical design experience for waterand wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, and conveyance systems
- Experience with water/wastewater equipment for municipal or industrial clients
- Hydraulic Modeling experience
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License
- In plant Piping System Design for water and wastewater systems experience
- Design implementation of rotating equipment and process treatment equipment
- Experience with Design-Build,CMAR/CM-GC and/or EPC projects
- Construction support services for water and wastewater projects
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $68,000 - $106,500/year , and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.