Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.LAKE ZURICHIllinois
- Results orientated to produce high quality defensible analytical data, safely and on time by following applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs sample preparation and provides general support in the analysis of samples.
- Performs basic / advanced sample preparation. May also perform basic sample analyses.
- Coordinates the priority organization and flow of samples and/or materials.
- Gains full knowledge with respect to performing analytical procedures and related quality control techniques.
- Participates in building a strong team of analytical professionals.
- Adheres to Maxxam Code of Ethics Policy.
- Supports and complies with all Maxxam policies, Quality System and Health & Safety program.
- Performs basic testing procedures.
- Performs sample preparation and procedures prior to analyses.
- Recording of results in logbooks and on FCDs. Data entry into LIMS may also be required.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) when conducting any laboratory work or procedure.
- Ensures a high level of accuracy in sample prep and analysis.
- Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabelling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials.
- Prioritizes daily workload based on sample and client requirement.
- Provides Supervisor/Manager with updates on workstation status including advance notification of any delays.
- Understands analysis procedures and problem solves issues.
- Identifies any non-routine samples and seeks guidance on procedures for handling.
- Identifies and communicates non-conformances to Supervisor.
- Maintains training records and relevant qualifications.
- Meets quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements.
- Keeps work area clean, neat and organized.
- Participates, when requested in Department and Health & Safety meetings.
- Participates, when requested in internal and external audits.
- Provides training, technical expertise and mentoring to junior staff.
- Proactive in ensuring that consumable supplies are available in the lab.
- Ensures that instruments and equipment are appropriately maintained.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
- Accurately follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs).
- Positive outlook with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time-management, communication, multi-tasking and priority setting skills.
- Works both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail orientated and record keeping skills.
- Learns quickly.
- Adapts to a changing environment.
Computer Skills :
- Excellent computer skills.
- Basic understanding of Maxxam's Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
Minimum Qualifications :
- Demonstrated success in the role of a Laboratory Technician.
- Post secondary school education and equivalent experience.
Working Conditions :
- An Analyst 1 is expected to perform repetitive somewhat physical work using a variety of machines and equipment as required and according to deadlines established by more experienced Analysts and/or their Supervisor.
- May involve long periods of standing.
- Some lifting and carrying (up to 10 kgs).
- Requires flexible working hours, overtime and shift work.
- Hazardous materials are handled using established safety procedures and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.