Under general supervision, applies knowledges and skill at the journey level to operate, inspect, maintain, and repair chilled water plant systems and associated equipment. This position will covered operations during second shift (3:30 p.m. - 11:45 p.m.) M-F during cooling season (approximately April 1 - December 1) and will perform seasonal maintenance activities on day shift (7:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.) during non-cooling season. Some weekend coverage/standby is possible.
What you'll do:
- Operates, inspects, maintains, and repairs absorbers, turbines, centrifugal chillers, pumps, electric motors, tower fans, all plant and chilled loop control systems, and related equipment.
- Installs and repairs pressure piping for water, steam domestic water, condenser water, chilled water, and condensate.
- Overhauls equipment such as chiller tube bundles, heat exchangers, tower fans, gearboxes, drive shafts, pumps, valves, air compressors, and all other plant related equipment. Works with mechanical seals and rigging to move heavy equipment as necessary.
- Using proper techniques, operates the following equipment: laser line up equipment, Fluke electrical analyzers, Bailey hand held Smart Transmitter, torch, arc and wire welders, impact gun, power tools, hand tools, presses, precision measuring equipment and purge pumps. Uses blueprints and schematics to repair, design and fabricate on the job as needed.
- Directs the work of apprentices and others.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Any combination of education or experience that involves machinery, equipment and control systems related to a utility plant which totals four years and includes a minimum of two years direct maintenance and repair experience, and
- Universal grade certification through an EPA approved program to handle and purchase Freon refrigerants.
- Knowledge of primary and satellite chiller systems, loop interface system and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of the Hazardous Chemicals Risks Right to Know Act.
- Knowledge of chemical treatment situations and ability to operate and troubleshoot system.
- Ability to determine when adjustments and repairs are necessary according to load requirements and or equipment problems.
- Ability to transfer, charge, perform leak tests and handle Freon refrigerants according to EPA regulations.
- Ability to use computer control system for plant operation and building interface control system.
- Ability to work unsupervised on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
- Ability to secure plant during steam and power outages in order to protect equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and pneumatic control systems.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 17, 2020