Responsible for performing selective maintenance on various in-plant and/or satellite plant equipment. The work will include the proper maintenance and operation of complex electrical systems, computers, controls systems, etc. and equipment that can directly affect the safety and operation of the plant.
What you'll do:
- Perform routine plant electrical/control maintenance functions including, but not limited to motors, MCCs, relays, breakers, electrical disconnects of rotating machinery, UPS/battery systems, and all electrical hand tools.
- Perform emergency plant electrical/control troubleshooting on plant equipment.
- Performs preventive and repair maintenance work tasks on plant equipment
- Conduct predictive maintenance as assigned, i.e. vibration analysis, thermography, lube oil sampling for analysis, component inspections.
- Installs, tests, calibrates, tunes, programs, repairs and troubleshoots pneumatic, electronic-powered equipment, low/medium voltage, analog and digital process control loop hardware.
- Install electrical conduit and pneumatic air tubing.
- Maintain all plant electrical/control equipment to the highest possible standard to maximize plant availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability.
- Recommend equipment operating and/or maintenance changes, which will enhance unit operation and equipment availability.
- Coordinate daily work activities and equipment status with other Plant employees.
- Utilize a CMMS for writing and completing work orders with notes.
- Will be assigned to work in areas designated by Supervisor and/or Management Team and will perform duties sometimes not related to Technician work.
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the Plant in a clean and neat condition.
- Perform root cause failure analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures.
What you bring:
- Required to have a valid driver's license.
- Required to be on call as needed/deemed necessary by Supervisor/Management.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent required, Trade/Vocational School and/or Military training preferred.
- 6 + years' relevant experience and/or training; licenses, endorsements or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. An AAS or BS degree in electronics or instrumentation and control systems preferred.
- 2+ years of that experience in electrical, electronic, and pneumatic instrumentation required (steam/ electrical generation plant preferred) or graduation from a two-year electrical or instrumentation and control program is required.
- Experience working with a CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) preferred.
- Must have some troubleshooting and maintenance skills in Transmitter operations and configuration (including Foxboro and Rosemount), and PLCs (particularly GE), Supervisor Control Systems, medium voltage electricity and related control systems.
- Strong computer background on PCs, emission controls, and pneumatics.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Dec 17, 2020