Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
Wood requires an HSSE Superintendent on the Kemerton Lithium Project, who aspires to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution. Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2021 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 2 train processing plant with a forecasted 40,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 will see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum. The plant is to be constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
The HSSE Superintendent will form an integral part of the Company's core business as a provider of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental services to both internal and external customers, including supporting the Project HSSEA Manager and provide the project team with HSSEA direction and leadership in line with Wood policies and procedures, legislative requirements and best practice. Ensure that the project HSSEA Management System is implemented, managed and maintained in accordance with the Wood Beyond Zero core expectations: Core Responsibilities include:
Position Specifics and Deliverables:
- Support the Project HSSEA Manager in providing HSSEA direction to the Project Management Team.
- Act as Project HSSEA Manager when required.
- Provide guidance and support to project HSSEA Advisors.
- Participate in the contractor, supplier HSSEA pre-qualification and selection processes.
- Facilitate the implementation of the HSSE Beyond Zero program on the project in accordance with the Wood core values.
- Have input and participate in project reviews and risk assessments.
- Audit and report compliance with HSSEA management plans as scheduled.
- Provide advice and support to Contractor and Project Supervision to ensure continuous improvement of HSSEA management on the project.
- Ensure accident/incident and investigations are reported and conducted in accordance with Wood mandatory procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Construction and Mining Background (at least 5 years)
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyse Project HSSEA statistical data including graphical presentation.
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyse Project HSSEA Risk data including graphical presentation.
- Ability to facilitate Project HSSEA risk assessment processes.
- Ability to develop & present subject-related training.
- Knowledge on ISO 31000 (Risk), OHSAS 18001 (Safety) and ISO 14001 (Environment).
- Knowledge on the Australian Occupational Health & Safety Act & any other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of HSSEA Management Systems & International Best Practises.
- Ability to develop & perform HSSEA assurance audits.
- Ability to perform accident & incident investigations, including report writing.
Candidates must have unrestricted full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced HSSE Superintendent, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.