Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting spotters/general laborer/helpers for our Chesapeake, VA solar project. Your duties as a spotter will be directing heavy equipment inside the work zone. Local candidates from the Chesapeake, VA area are encouraged to apply. This is not a per diem eligible positon. OSHA 10 certification a plus.
We offer outstanding benefits, good pay, and career opportunities.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Employee will be required to perform physical work. The tasks that the employee will be assigned to perform will require following instructions carefully
- Maintain visual and verbal contact with the the operator
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used for solar project demonstrating a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Demonstrate ability to work with craft people
- Identify, recognize and select appropriate materials related to specific crafts
The employee must be able to deal correctly with problems involving a few variables in or for very standard situations (Work related items)
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties that may possibly change
- Employees must work within standards of accuracy
- Be able to repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure and evaluate information using measurable standards
- The employee is expected to work using all of the safe equipment that OSHA requires as well as what is required
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Less than 1 Year or more experience needed
- Experienced working in congested areas
- Knowledge of hand signals for spotter/flaggers
- Physical attributes for following: shoveling, climbing, bending, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Requires good hand eye balance and the ability to distinguish colors are required in order to use the tools that are necessary to perform the required work
- Must have vision which has good depth perception in order to judge distance and space relationships
- Must be able to work in all types of extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to work in confined and un-even spaces as well as wear the following safety equipment when need be: safety vests, eye protection, gloves, hard hat
- The heavy work demands will require up to 100 pounds of force to be exerted occasionally and up to 50 pounds of force to be exerted frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force to be exerted constantly to move objects
- OSHA 10 verified certification is preferred
Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- May be required consistently to work 12-hour shifts performing construction based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands, alerts, alarms, Visual acuity and depth perception consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces, differentiate between colors on signage, and perform essential duties of position
- Frequently - Standing, Walking, Squatting, Kneeling, Bending, Twisting, Climbing / Occasionally - Crawling
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.