Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer, Safety Training Rep
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Safety Coordinator to join our construction project site near Gogama, Ontario. The position will be an 18 x 10 rotation, with a mix of night shift and day shift.
- Maintain the effectiveness and continued development of the HSSE management system and providing direction and support to its application on the project
- Provide assistance and guidance to project and construction management teams regarding planning, and execution strategies for HSSE activities on the project
- Implement an assurance strategy to monitor compliance against the project HSSE Execution Plan and HSSE procedures
- Establish a working relationship with Subcontractors HSSE Representatives, and enlist services and facilities when required, ensuring an adequate interface with relevant stakeholders (such as subcontractors, Client, enforcing authorities, local communities) in matters related to HSSE
- Examine HSSE trends and proposing actions to prevent recurrence of incidents, accidents, and near-misses
- Advise project management on current and future legislation affecting work done under the contract
- Highlight HSSE issues, make recommendations and/or issue instructions (based on reports, audits, and incident analysis) that will be implemented to enhance HSSE performance
- Provide HSSE support, guidance and leadership to contractor management, supervision and craft
- Participate, and if required facilitate in Root Cause Analysis of major incidents
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of HSE advisory experience on medium to large scale, heavy industrial projects
- Due to the large percentage of time spent in the field, candidates must be able to perform physical activities such as extended periods of walking in areas of uneven ground conditions in varying environmental conditions, climbing stairs, scaffolds and ladders, entering confined spaces and excavations. Additionally, extended periods of time are spent driving around the construction footprint in a four wheel drive pick-up truck over varying, sometimes very rough terrain with frequent need to access/egress vehicle to check on status of work
- Recognized Safety Certification by accredited association
- Strong understanding of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Strong skills in MS Word/Excel/Outlook
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.